Eighty-seven percent of all online shoppers use search engines to find products, and according to Moz, 71% of consumers are more likely to buy from a site that appears on the first page of the search engine results. It’s no wonder then, why so many people invest in custom WordPress development services.
The most popular website builder is WordPress, which powers 43% of the internet. This means that if you’re not using WordPress to build your site, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity.
With custom website design, you can create a unique and memorable website that will help you stand out from the competition. Here are 10 reasons to use custom WordPress development services for your own website:
1. You’ll Get a Unique, Customised Website
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll get a website that is completely customised to your needs. This means that your website will be unique and unlike any other site on the internet.
When it comes to uniqueness, some of the factors a WordPress site have include:
- Unique design: A custom WordPress development company will create a unique design for your website that is not based on a pre-existing template. This ensures that your website will have a one-of-a-kind look that will help it stand out from the rest.
- Unique functionality: With custom WordPress development, you can add any type of functionality to your website that you need. This includes things like custom forms, social media integration, and eCommerce features.
- Unique content layout: With a custom WordPress website, you can choose how your content is laid out. This means that you can have different types of content on different pages or even have a completely unique homepage.
2. You’ll Get a Professional-Looking Website
When you use custom WordPress theme development services, you’ll get a professional-looking website that will help you increase your credibility with potential customers. In fact, studies have shown that website visitors are more likely to trust and purchase from a website that looks professional.
A professional looking website looks:
- Modern: Websites that look like they were made in the early 2000s are a turn-off for users. Your website should look like it was made in the current year, with modern designs and features.
- Well-Designed: A well-designed website is easy to navigate and uses space effectively. The layout should be logical and easy to follow, and the design should be visually appealing.
- Free of Glitches: A website that is full of glitches, such as broken links or images that don’t load, will frustrate WordPress users and make them less likely to purchase from you.
- Mobile-Friendly: With over 50% of web traffic coming from mobile devices, it’s essential that your website is designed to be viewed on a mobile phone or tablet. A custom WordPress development service can create a responsive website that will look great on any device.
3. You’ll Be Able to Create a Unique Brand Identity
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll have the opportunity to create a unique brand identity for your website. This includes things like choosing the right colors, fonts, and images that represent your brand.
Your brand identity should be:
- Consistent: All of the elements on your website should work together to create a cohesive look. This includes things like using the same colors, fonts, and images on your website, social media, and marketing materials.
- Memorable: You want users to remember your brand long after they’ve left your website. This means choosing a look that is unique and memorable.
- Professional: Your brand identity should reflect the professional nature of your business. This means choosing colors, fonts, and images that are appropriate for your industry.
4. You’ll Be Able to Optimise Your Website for Search Engines
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to optimise your website for search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. This means that your website will be designed in a way that makes it easy for search engines to find and index your website.
A custom web design optimised for search engines includes:
- Using the right keywords: Keywords are the words or phrases that users enter into a search engine when they are looking for something. By including the right keywords on your website, you can make it easier for users to find your website.
- Creating quality content: To make your site rank higher in search results, you need to have high-quality, well-written content. This means writing articles and blog posts that are informative and relevant to your business.
- Building backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. When a website links to your site, it’s like giving your site a vote of confidence. The more backlinks you have, the higher your website will rank in search results.
5. You’ll Be Able to Increase Your Sales
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to increase your sales by creating a website that is designed for conversion. This means that your website will be designed in a way that encourages users to take the desired action, whether it’s making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or filling out a contact form.
A conversion-focused website includes:
- Creating a strong call to action: A call to action is a statement or button that encourages users to take the desired action. For example, a call to action might say “Sign up for our newsletter” or “Buy now.”
- Using engaging visuals: Visuals, such as images and videos, are a great way to engage users and encourage them to take action.
- Creating a sense of urgency: A sense of urgency can encourage users to take action now, instead of later. For example, you might use a countdown timer on your website or offer a limited-time discount.
6. You’ll Be Able to Build Trust with Your Customers
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to build trust with your customers by creating a professional and credible website. This means choosing the right colors, fonts, and images for your website. It also means including testimonials, customer reviews, and social proof on your website.
Some of the ways that you can build trust with your customers include:
- Using testimonials: Testimonials are statements from satisfied customers that can help to build trust with new users.
- Including customer reviews: Customer reviews are another way to build trust with new users. When potential customers see that others have had a positive experience with your business, they’ll be more likely to do business with you as well.
- Adding social proof: Social proof is a way of showing potential customers that your business is popular and credible. Some examples of social proof include using the number of Facebook likes or Twitter followers that you have.
7. You’ll Be Able to Increase Your Website’s Security
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to increase your website’s security by adding features that will help to protect your website from hackers. This means adding a firewall, implementing two-factor authentication, and using secure passwords.
With custom design, your website will be:
- Adding a firewall: A firewall is a piece of software that helps to protect your website from hackers.
- Implementing two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security that requires users to enter a code from their phone in order to log into their account.
- Using secure passwords: Secure passwords are another way to help protect your website from hackers. When choosing a password, be sure to use a mix of letters, numbers, and special characters.
8. You’ll Be Able to Improve Your Website’s Performance
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to improve your website’s performance by adding features that will help your website load faster. This means using a caching plugin, optimising your images, and using a content delivery network.
A custom WordPress design can improve your website’s performance by:
- Using a caching plugin: A caching plugin is a piece of software that helps to speed up the loading time of your website.
- Optimising your images: Optimising your images means saving them in the correct file format and using the right image size.
- Using a content delivery network: A content delivery network is a group of servers that helps to deliver your website’s content to users around the world.
9. Improved Accessibility
Custom WordPress development can help to improve the accessibility of your website. This means making sure that your website can be accessed by people with disabilities, such as those who are blind or have low vision.
Some of the ways a custom website development can improve the accessibility of your website include:
- Using alternative text: Alternative text is a way to provide a text description of an image for people who are blind or have low vision.
- Adding captions and transcripts: Captions and transcripts are another way to make your website accessible for people with disabilities.
- Creating a keyboard-accessible website: A keyboard-accessible website is one that can be navigated using only a keyboard.
10. You’ll Be Able to Reduce Your Website’s Bounce Rate
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to reduce your website’s bounce rate by adding features that will keep users on your website. This means including an engaging home page, using external links judiciously, and having a well-designed website.
To reduce your website’s bounce rate a custom website design includes:
- Creating an engaging home page: Your home page is the first thing that users will see when they visit your website. Be sure to include an attention-grabbing headline, images, and videos.
- Using external links judiciously: External links are links that take users to another website. When using external links, be sure to use them sparingly and only link to websites that are relevant to your content.
- Having a well-designed website: A well-designed website is one that is easy to navigate and uses consistent branding.
When you use custom WordPress development services, you’ll be able to improve your website in a number of ways. You’ll be able to increase your website’s security, performance, and accessibility. You’ll also be able to reduce your website’s bounce rate and integrate it in with important third party applications. If you’re looking for a way to improve your website, custom WordPress development is the solution for you.
If you need help finding a custom WordPress development company in Melbourne, we can help. Contact us today and we’ll work provide a free discovery session to identify your businesses digital needs.
WordPress Website FAQs
How much should you pay for a custom design WordPress website in Melbourne?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, including the size and complexity of the website, the number of pages required, the level of customisation needed, and whether you need any additional features or plugins. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2500 to $25,000 for a custom WordPress website in Melbourne.
Should I hire a web developer for a custom WordPress website?
Yes, if you want a completely unique design that reflects your brand and personality. A custom WordPress theme will also be optimised for search engines and conversion rates, so it’s worth the investment.
Is it easy to create a free WordPress website?
Yes, it is relatively easy to create a WordPress website with free web design. However, if you want a completely customised website, it’s best to hire a professional web designer and developer.
What are Web development services?
Web development services include everything from designing and building a website to adding features such as WordPress themes, and WordPress plugins, optimising for search engines, and providing ongoing maintenance.
What are the most common web development services?
The most common web development services are website design, website development, eCommerce development, WordPress development and third party integration.